Re: naming output files (maybe a feature request?)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: naming output files (maybe a feature request?)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:25:21 -0700

I've occasionally wanted this kind of thing, but I don't believe it can be done right now. I've added it as a feature request,

- Graham

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi all,

Is there any way to explicitly name the output files of a score?

This is particularly a problem for me when I have multiple \book-s in a single .ly file -- the default file naming (file-1.pdf, file-2.pdf) is not very helpful. I would prefer to do something like:

\book
{
    #(set-output-name "VocalScore")
    \score
    {
        << \vocalMusic >>

\book
{
    #(set-output-name "PianoVocalScore")
    \score
    {
        <<
            \new Staff << \vocalMusic >>
            \new PianoStaff << \pianoMusic >>

which would generate the files VocalScore.pdf and PianoVocalScore.pdf. Is there anything like this mechanism? [I did do a fairly long search through the list and docs, but wasn't able to turn up anything...]

Thanks!
Kieren.