Re: Adding / deleting staves on the fly

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Adding / deleting staves on the fly
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:33:42 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

Thanks for the tips. I was able make a workaround for splitting the voices
based on Rune's method. I created different voices e.g. for SATB system and
another set of voices for systems where some voices are split. That is not
very convenient, though. There were many voices with a lot of s-rests and as
Reinhold pointed out the appearance will get screwed if the page layout is
changed. Not an optimal solution. :-(

The other problem I had (about missing choir bracket when only one staff was
displayed) was also only partially solved. I got the bracket alright but the
bar line between the bracket and the clef was missing. At least Finale is
able to produce that. It is probably not "necessary" but it sort of breaks
the harmony.

Conclusion: I was able to make the music I wanted but with some difficulty
and minor visual glitches. Hopefully they are fixed some time. Thanks. =)

-Risto