Re: SVG output sponsorship

From: Vivian Barty-Taylor
Subject: Re: SVG output sponsorship
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:59:05 +0200

Thanks for that suggestion. Do you know where I can get the gnome backend, or do I just need to download the earlier version of Lilypond? However, I think there is a more general issue here about graphical notation in scores. I'm using various bits of graphics in this piece which aren't natively supported by Lilypond. Although I could add them all as EPS markups, the amount of time I would spend adjusting the positions of them makes it a lot easier to do it this way. The SVG option seemed the best because I don't lose image quality by converting to a bitmap, and also because Inkscape is a good piece of software. If fixing the SVG output isn't an option, does anyone have experiences of how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Vivian.