band leaders and transcribing

From: plasmacarwash
Subject: band leaders and transcribing
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:29:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Yall!

Anybody out there transcribed a "cover tune" (in real time- while listening
(lol)) with Lilypond?
Well lets get simple and ask, "Can anybody out there help an aspirant who
wishes to transcribe through the lense of a contemporary (rock-pop)
line-up?".
1. Voice(s) (Lyrics et al.)
2. Guitar(s)
3. Rhythm(s)
4. Bass(s?)
5.Keyboard(s?)

I was wondering if any one out there has developed a happy proficiency and
result, transcribing a piece not written by her/him?

I guess I'm looking for people who have found a happy relationship producing
a score- original and non-original- satisfyingly for their time.

Plainly, I can practice on as many tunes as I'd like untill I can lay out a
Thanksgiving Day meal replete with all the silverware, china,
cranberry-sauce and gravy that is needed to make a listener full. Hah!!
But, I'd like to find someone who has experience making "Thanksgiving Day
Dinners".

P.S. My second question is what are the going MIDI interpreters for
Lilypond?
Does your favorite Zucchero, Dime-bag Darrell, or Mitch Miller song sound
the same in what we have in MIDI for Lilypond right now?

Thanks for reading my post thus far.

much love,

Jay