Re: Aligning instrument names - another try

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Aligning instrument names - another try
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:50:07 +0200

Hi Valentin,
Yes it does: you just have to give enough amount of hspace so the
instrument names can fit in. Look at the following snippet (maybe I'll
add it to the LSR, unless you have some improvements to propose).
Many thanks first. It really works.

Michael

Maybe you could enhance your example by something like this:

\version "2.11.30"

% To avoid inequal spacing if some systems start with a brace and others don't,
% make all systems have braces and then optically remove the unwanted ones.

Key = { \key bes \major }

violine = {
\set Staff.instrumentName = \markup {\combine \hspace #15.0 \large "Violino I, II" }
\clef treble
<<
 \Key
 \time 4/4
 \relative c'' {
  c4 d b c
  d2 c

sopran = { \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup {\combine \hspace #15.0 "Soprano" }
\clef soprano
<<
  \Key
  \relative c'' {
   d2 g
   a4 f fis g

bc = {
\set Staff.instrumentName = \markup {\combine \hspace #15.0 "Organo" }
\clef bass
<<
 \Key
\override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket #'transparent = ##t % Brace becomes invisible
 \relative c {
  c2 d
  e1

\score {
<<
  \new StaffGroup <<
   \new Staff \violine
   \new Staff \sopran

  \new StaffGroup <<
\new Staff \bc >>

\layout {
 indent = 2.5\cm
 \context {
  \StaffGroup
\override SystemStartBracket #'collapse-height = #0.1 % Make braces appear even on a single staff