Re: How to deal with Time Signatures horizontal alignment?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: How to deal with Time Signatures horizontal alignment?
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:30:37 +0200

2007/8/22, Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:

> No, because TimeSignature already accepts an interface
> (break-aligned-interface) that determines its horizontal position; it
> wouldn't make sense for it to accept another one. The cleanest way of getting
> this functionality into the lilypond core, in my opinion, would be to create
> a whole new grob class.

Thank you for your explanations; I'm not yet completely familiar with
all this stuff, but I'm getting closer.

Is it silly to suggest that maybe the break-aligned-interface itself
could accept some reference symbols?

Besides, can you explain why, in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals-big-page#break_002daligned_002dinterface
the "user settable properties" mentions the "old"
break-align-symbol (symbol)
syntax, and how it could (or couldn't) be used to align such grobs as
TimeSignatures, which depends on break-aligned-interface? Or is this
indication deprecated?

Thank you very much for your time. This Break Alignment thing looks
quite important in understanding how LilyPond works.

Regards,
Valentin