Request for comments: LilyPond 2.12

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Request for comments: LilyPond 2.12
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:37:59 -0300

Hello everyone,

Since most of the horizontal and vertical spacing hacks of Joe have
stabilized, I think it is time now to start considering a new stable
release.  With the current release process, it should be possible to
build a new stable release in a matter of days, so the real question,
are we in a state for release 2.12?

Historically, the criterion for a new stable release is

1. No regressions

Currently, the bug tracker does not show any regressions.

2. Significant features.  We have plenty:

  - Completely rewritten page breaking/vertical spacing combo, with
    skylining spacing and better vertical collision detection

  - Table of contents, multi paragraph text, page references

  - Generic microtone support

  - Doc updates (graham?)

  - Manual translations: french, spanish, german

  - More flexible line spanners.

  - Several performance and resource speedups.

3. no glaring bugs in the new features.

I seem to recall that we have a nasty bug in reverting nested
properties, but except for that I can't recall anything notable.

Comments, ideas?