Re: Alignment problem with RehearsalMark

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Alignment problem with RehearsalMark
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:41:09 +0100

On 8/14/07, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everybody,

Here's a layout section I'm using to allow rehearsal marks to be printed on more than one stave in an orchestral score:

\layout {
        \context { \Score
            \remove "Staff_collecting_engraver"
            \remove "Mark_engraver"
        }
        \context { \Staff
            \consists "Staff_collecting_engraver"
            \consists "Mark_engraver"

This works fine, apart from one snag: overriding #'break-align-symbol has no effect, unless the engravers are moved back the the \Score context. Is there something else I should be moving to the \Staff context to make RehearsalMark see the override, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Neil

I've just encountered another problem -  clef changes skew the rehearsal mark positioning to the left of the bar-line:

\version "2.11.30 "
\paper { ragged-right = ##t }
R1 \mark \default R \mark \default R }
two = {    R1 \clef bass R R }
\score {
    \new GrandStaff <<
    \context Staff = one \one
    \context Staff = two \two

    \layout {
        \context { \Score
            \remove "Staff_collecting_engraver"
            \remove "Mark_engraver"
        }
        \context { \Staff
            \consists "Staff_collecting_engraver"
            \consists "Mark_engraver"

I'm afraid to say that the mark engraver's unusable when moved to the \Staff context. It's rather unfortunate, since it's common for orchestral scores to have rehearsal marks at the top of the score and above the First Violins.