Re: Invisible "sync part" - is this possible?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Invisible "sync part" - is this possible?
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:29:28 +0200

2007/8/18, Jonas Nyström <address@hidden>:
> Hi!
>
> (Sorry for posting this earlier with wrong subject header..!)
>
> Being a Lilypond newbee, I want to check with you if this is possible:
>
> I want to create an inivisble "sync part" with "sync noteheads" drawn in
> white.

If your notes are drawn in white, they will be clickable, but will
somehow erase the staff lines. If they are set to #'transparent, they
won't show at all, but won't be clickable either.

In other words, I don't know if this is realizable (at least, when it
comes to notes inside the staff).

> The invisible white noteheads of the "sync part" should produce clickable
> links in the output pdf. These links, and their coordinates on the the
> pdf-page, could be used as a basis for syncing a graphical moving pointer to
> a wav playback of the example. (I'm using a midi to wav for converting, so I
> know what the playback position of the notes are in the wav file...)

Hmm. this is not easy to achieve. However, if you're interested in
making (for example) an animated music-video thing, you might find
this recent thread useful:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2007-08/msg00006.html

Clearly, this is not a newbee thing :) If you have the skills to make
the pointer move etc., you may want to discuss this issue with other
users and developers to be able to do so without requiring transparent
clickable notes. This might be achieveable; I just don't know how.
Quite an interesting feature though.

Regards,
Valentin