re:re: Score Problems

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: re:re: Score Problems
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:28:13 -0700

It didn't now I get error logs telling me that
example;
C:/Documents and Settings/Frybyte/Desktop/Hamilton/Tunnel/Tunnel.ly:25:43:
warning: Brace found at end of lyric.  Did you forget a space?
fluteLyrics = \lyricmode  {bum bum bum bum
                                           bump}
C:/Documents and Settings/Frybyte/Desktop/Hamilton/Tunnel/Tunnel.ly:28:10:
error: syntax error, unexpected '='
reedMusic
          =
C:/Documents and Settings/Frybyte/Desktop/Hamilton/Tunnel/Tunnel.ly:30:5:
error: Grob name should be alphanumeric
\set
     Staff.instrumentName = "Singer II"
C:/Documents and Settings/Frybyte/Desktop/Hamilton/Tunnel/Tunnel.ly:31:5:
error: Grob name should be alphanumeric
\set
     Staff.shortInstrumentName = "II."
C:/Documents and Settings/Frybyte/Desktop/Hamilton/Tunnel/Tunnel.ly:32:5:
error: Grob name should be alphanumeric
\set
     Staff.midiInstrument = "clarinet"

Which doesn't make sense as those items do have spaces and are alphnumeric

Here's the file changed as you suggested

\version "2.10.25"
\header {
  title = "Tunnel Piece"
  composer = "Jay Hamilton"
    copyright = \markup { \tiny \override #'(baseline-skip . 0.5)
\center-align
        {  "CC lic 2.5 some rights reserved Jay Hamilton 1989"
    "see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.5/";
               } }
}

fluteMusic =
\relative c'' {
\set Staff.instrumentName = "Singer I"
\set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "I."
\set Staff.midiInstrument = "flute"
\time 9/4
\tempo 4 = 75
\key f \major
#(set-global-staff-size 19)
\override Staff.TimeSignature #' style = #' ()
g4 r g r g r g g r
\bar "|."
}
fluteLyrics = \lyricmode  {
bum bum bum bum bump
 }

reedMusic =
\relative c'' {
\set Staff.instrumentName = "Singer II"
\set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "II."
\set Staff.midiInstrument = "clarinet"
\override Staff.TimeSignature #' style = #' ()
g4 r g r g r g g r
}
reedlyrics = \lyricmode  {
bum bum bum bum bump
 }

marimbaMusic =
\relative c'' {
\set Staff.instrumentName = "Singer III"
\set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "III."
\set Staff.midiInstrument = "Alto Sax"
\override Staff.TimeSignature #' style = #' ()
g4 r g r g r g g r
}
marimbaLyrics = \lyricmode  {
bum bum bum bum bump
 }

violinoneMusic =
\relative c''{
\set Staff.instrumentName = "Singer IV"
\set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "IV."
\set Staff.midiInstrument = "oboe"
\override Staff.TimeSignature #' style = #' ()
g r g r g r g g r
}
violinoneLyrics = \lyricmode  {
bum bum bum bum bump
 }

violintwoMusic =
\relative c'{
\set Staff.instrumentName = "Singer V"
\set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "V"
\set Staff.midiInstrument = "Cello"
\clef bass
\override Staff.TimeSignature #' style = #' ()
g r g r g r g g r
}
violintwoLyrics = \lyricmode {
bum bum bum bum bump
}

\score {<<
<<
\new Staff = "flute"  \fluteMusic
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "flute" \fluteLyrics

<<
\new Staff = "reed"  \reedMusic
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "reed" \reedLyrics

<<
\new Staff = "marimba"  \marimbaMusic
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "marimba" \marimbaLyrics

<<
\new Staff = "violinone"  \violinoneMusic
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "violinone" \violinoneLyrics

<<
\new Staff = "violintwo"  \violintwoMusic
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "violintwo" \violintwoLyrics

\layout { }
\midi { }
}

Yours-