Re: remaining Unset question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: remaining Unset question
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 23:31:56 +0200

Quoting Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:

2007/8/28, emily atkins <address@hidden>:

I knew it had to be easy, I just kept trying the wrong combination of terms

Not so easy, so to say: I had to browse the source files
(ly/property-init.ly) to find the correct answer. You're right, there
is an obvious lack in the Documentation; I'll make a patch ASAP.

The documentation does state that \setEasyHeads overrides settings
for the NoteHead object, so that information could have been found
in the manual. However, you used a very advanced strategy to reset all local property settings on a particular object, which requires good knowledge about the data representation used internally in LilyPond and isn't documented anywhere. I'm not sure if it's always the best solution, though. For example, it means that any other property settings on the NoteHead objects will be lost as well, such as
\override NoteHead #'color = #red

I would rather have proposed to add a definition like
revertEasyHeads = \sequential {
 \revert NoteHead  #'stencil  \revert NoteHead #'font-size
 \revert NoteHead #'font-family  \revert NoteHead #'font-series }
into property-init.ly, which only reverts the particular settings
of \setEasyHeads and keeps all the rest.

  /Mats