RE: horizontal spacing

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: horizontal spacing
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 23:53:59 +0000

I'm sure there is a lot ways to get things stretched out.  If you are using chord mode to get chord symbols to print, and the chord has a long name something like this can cause problems:

c4:11+^7 c:11+^7 c:11+^7 c:11+^7

four quarter notes of a C add9/add#11...

The engraver apparently tries to space things that the long chord name can fit in four times in a measure even if you set the chord changes to only show when a chord changes or the stave changes.  I've worked around this in chord mode by putting a lot of rests in ad only putting chord symbols in when absolutely necessary.  So the above becomes:

c4:11+^7 r2.

and the engraver spaces things to only have to fit the chord name in once.

HTH