slur and system breaks - take 2

From: Oded Ben-Tal
Subject: slur and system breaks - take 2
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 05:21:43 -0700 (PDT)

here is an example of slurs across (page) break from Brahms a.jpg and b.jpg
are the scanned measures from the score.
The important aspect is the slur for the right hand straddling the break.
Admittedly here the slur also crosses from the lower to the upper staff, but
still the slur from the <gis d> chord going up and remaining open is the best
way to denote a slur that continues across a system break.
the pdf is the product of the lilypond script below - the corresponding slur
is obviously wrong. (the lilypond version isn't complete but the important
parts are there (I am very new so I omitted some extra notes in the 2nd
measure which would have required an additional voice).

any way of correcting these things by tweaking?
thanks
Oded
%start lilypond code

upper =  \relative c''
   { \clef treble \time 6/4 r1.
    a8([ g e' e, d c] g'[ \change Staff = down \stemUp g, f e]) <gis d'>4^( ~
\break
    <gis d'>8[ c \change Staff = up \stemDown a' a,] \stemUp f'4) ~ f8([ e
bes' bes, f' e]) r1. r1. r1. }

lower =  \relative c, { \clef bass r1.
    c,8([ c' g' bes e g] bes) r \stemDown bes,,_([ bes' e, e'])
    f,,_([ f' c' f]) \stemUp a,,( a') g,([ g' e' g]) bes,,( bes') r1. r1. r1.}

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff = "up" \upper
  \new Staff = "down" \lower

Oded Ben-Tal