Re: Tip: lyrics with polyphony / stem directions (without specifically i

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Tip: lyrics with polyphony / stem directions (without specifically instantiated voices)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:22:09 -0400

Hi Mark:

I've discovered a number of threads on this topic (how lyrics don't work when you use such as <<{a' b'} \\ { c' d'}>>

I'm not sure what you mean by "lyrics don't work" -- have you tried

    << { a' b' } \new Voice { c' d' } >>

instead of

That works perfectly for me in every situation I've run into.
In other words, in what circumstance would you *not* want to specifically instantiate the extra Voice context(s)?

If this doesn't solve the problem you're talking about, please post a minimal code example, so we (I) can see what you're talking about.

Hope this helps,
Kieren.