Re: programming error: (de)crescendo on items with specified volume.

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: programming error: (de)crescendo on items with specified volume.
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:36:37 +0100

Hi Kieren,

On 8/29/07, Kieren MacMillan < address@hidden> wrote:

Since \! and \p both visually (and, thus, technically) terminate a
decrescendo, there might be some sort of (internal Lilypond) conflict
going on when you put both on the same note.
> This is the same  piece that has the other warning I just posted
> about "going back in MIDI time".  In spite of the two warnings both
> the PDF and  MIDI output seem OK.

I predict that eliminating the \! will result in eliminating the
error messages without affecting the "OK-ness" of the PDF and MIDI
output.  =)

I can't verify this error, but the documentation advises you to explicitly terminate (de)crescendos to prevent problems with the MIDI output.

Regards,
Neil