Re: Tweaking placement of rehearsal marks

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Tweaking placement of rehearsal marks
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:47:47 -0700

You should also read chapter 5, particularly 5.2. The section is called "fixing overlapping notation", which sounds like a good place to start.

Cheers,
- Graham

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
If you upgrade to the latest development version, 2.11.x, there is no need for
any tweaking, since these kind of collisions are avoided automatically.
If you want to stick to the stable version, read about how to modify the padding of different objects in section "Common Tweaks". Note that RehearsalMark is handled at the score level, just as the MetronomeMark object mentioned in that
text.

  /Mats

Nick Didkovsky wrote:
Hello

I am using \mark in my first measure to give instructions on the feel of the piece. The mark's text overlaps some beams and some notes on the various parts when they are printed individually. How can I tweak to avoid overlapping?

The commands I am using are:
\once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
\mark "Smooth, light, precise"

Thanks
Nick Didkovsky