I'm new to lilypond

From: Raichu
Subject: I'm new to lilypond
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:53:52 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I've just started trying out Lilypond and I'm amazed at the quality.

I'm still trying to figure out how to put staves together.
Can anyone help with a problem?
I want to generate piano sheet music with treble and bass.
The treble contains both a melody line and an accompaniment,
with lyrics between the staves following the melody line.

melodyline = \relative c' { ... }
accompaniment = \relative c' { ... }
bass = \relative c' { ... }
lyrics = \lyricmode { ... }

How do I put these together? I've tried looking at the templates
but nothing seems to match a fairly standard sheet music format.
I've pottered around without fully understanding what I'm doing.
Eeither the lyrics disappear or a third stave showing the melody
line appears between the piano staves.

Help!

Raichu.

--