Re: piano with lyrics (was I'm new to lilypond)

From: Raichu
Subject: Re: piano with lyrics (was I'm new to lilypond)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:02:13 +1000 (EST)

> > Not quite. I want it to come out like typical pop sheet music,
> > two staves with lyrics between. The treble stave contains
> > (polyphonically) both the melody line and an accompaniment.
>
> It would look more like this:
>
> \score {
>   \new GrandStaff <<
>     \new Staff = "upper" <<
>       \new Voice = "melody" \melodyline
>       \new Voice = "accompaniment" \accompaniment
>       >>
>     \new Lyrics \lyricsto melodyline \yourLyrics
>     \new Staff = "lower" { \clef bass \lower }
>     >>
>  }

Thanks that's much better.

However the music looks wrong. The stem direction is as if
each voice had the stave to itself. I am getting repeated
warnings about this:

warning: ignoring too many clashing note columns

I need the melody stems pointing up and the accompaniment
stems pointing down.

--
Raichu's Web Page http://home.iprimus.com.au/vpolitis/raichu/