Re: LSR: score for diatonic accordion

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: LSR: score for diatonic accordion
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:09:11 +0200

2007/8/31, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> Is the creator of this snippet on this list?

His name is "ak"; maybe we can retrieve his mail address in the
database if he left one.

> The snippet includes a script for jedit; I'm not certain if that makes
> sense on LSR.  Although many people use jedit, it's by no means
> universal.

I agree. However, as you can see the jedit macro is presented as an
"appendix" in the .ly code (it's fully commented, and therefore
doesn't affect the snippet at all).

> Would it be possible to place that script somewhere else (on
> a website, on the wiki, whatever) and remove it from the snippet?

The only relevant place I can think of would be the lily4jedit mailing
list archives, which nobody has ever browsed. Otherwise, maybe if we
had several jedit-related snippets, we could always open a 'jedit'
directory in the LSR -- but this wouldn't be appropriate right now.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't want us to delete this macro (unless
its author asks me to do so); while it certainly doesn't belong here,
it's quite harmless, and easy to find in case people would be
interested. What makes you want to remove it?

Valentin