Re: Full measure rests in 3/4 time

From: Ed Ravin
Subject: Re: Full measure rests in 3/4 time
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:09:38 -0400

On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 10:26:00PM -0700, Mark Dewey wrote:

> Anyway, just a musical question:
> Is it wrong to just use r2. [in 3/4 time] instead of a full measure rest?
> In my case, this is the first measure of the piece.

I'm also interested in the answer to this question.  None of the 3/4 time
scores I've looked at in my (admittedly limited) musical experience use
dotted half-rests ("r2." in LilyPond) for a full measure rest.  Instead,
they all use whole rests ("r1" in Lilypond).

This caused me many difficulties the first time I tried to use LilyPond.