Re: Metric modulation markup ... à la Carter?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Metric modulation markup ... à la Carter?
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 18:56:22 -0500

On 9/5/07, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Trevor,
>
> On 9/5/07, Trevor Bača <address@hidden > wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to make the following tempo markup ...
> >
> >     \times 2/3 { r8 n4 ~ } n4 = n2
> >
> > ... complete with tuplet bracket (where the n4 and n2 represent simply
> > \note #"4" and \note #"2")?
> >

> How about a nested score, such as in the following snippet?
>
> \version "2.11.32"
> metronomeMark = \markup {
>     \score {
>         \new RhythmicStaff \with {
>             \remove Time_signature_engraver
>             \remove Staff_symbol_engraver
>             fontSize = #-1
>         }
>         {
>             \times 2/3 { r8 c4 ^~ } c4 %unfortunately, the alignment suffers
> if the slur is down
>         }
>         \layout {
>             ragged-right = ##t
>             indent = #0
>         }
>     }
> }
> \score {
>     \new Staff {
>         \once \override TextScript #'padding = #1
>         c'1^\markup { \general-align #Y #down \metronomeMark  = \small
> \general-align #Y #down \note #"2" #1 }
>     }
>     \layout { ragged-right = ##t }
> }
>
> It's by no means perfect, but there's probably no easier way of embedding
> the tuplet spanner.

Hi Neil,

Actually this is pretty clever. And will certainly do for the snippets
that I've got in front of me right now, so thanks very much!

I suppose the trick will be in centering the equal sign directly over
the barline, but there are so few of these indications that
extra-offset should be fine.

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača