sunday school songs

From: Tim Litwiller
Subject: sunday school songs
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 09:33:03 -0500

I have a bunch on sunday school songs like this that I need to put into lilypond so we can make clean nice prints.

I have been playing with it for a week now and going thru the manual and tutorial, downloading samples and layout tools like Jedit and the pspad plug ins and canorus.

I haven't been able yet to make it look like I want.

I need to have all the stanza's between the music
I need to combine the flags on all notes that where the head don't colide

so far I've been able to either have lyrics or combine notes - but not both.
then where notes collide I need to have a flag go each direction.
I've circled examples in the attachment.

Also lilypond is adding naturals in the printout and I haven't yet found a way to make it not do that.

I'm not very music literate and we can't afford a commercial music program for our sunday school. But I found lilypond and it looked like it should do everything we need to have good looking music sheets. So far it has been quite a learning curve but I need help to get past these obstacles.

since I can't attach a file here is a link to an example
http://www.litwiller.net/images/fishers.gif