Re: sunday school songs

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Re: sunday school songs
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:12:28 -0700

Tim Litwiller wrote:
I can do it this way - but it sure would be simpler to input if we are able to have each voice separated.

Hi Tim,
I looked at the partcombiner code which is written in scheme and I have to say it is pretty impenetrable :(

I was trying to think of a way to fool the partcombine code into thinking that the notes were in fact different so that it would separate them but it looks to be comparing pitch and length of each note.

It would make for messy code, but you could do a hybrid of the two - using <<\\>> for the single split flag notes and partcombine for the rest:

<untested code alert...>

\partcombine {f4 f f g a8 a4 } {c4 c c c f8 f4} <<gs8 \\ f8>> \partcombine {a2} {f2}...

I'm not sure that that is much better, though - it depends on how many of the split flag instances there are.

Regards,
Ralph