was combining words and lyrics -addendum to problem

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: was combining words and lyrics -addendum to problem
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 07:42:05 -0700

The solutions so far have worked well, however I can't combine the
crossesOn/off with a 'note' into a chord and have to go into polyphony so far
so good.  However since the polyphony  comes in the middle of the score it's
not clear to me what method to use to attach lyrics to the lower 'voiced' part
and leave the 'clapping' i.e. crosses alone.
Splitting doesn't seem to be the correct/efficient methods

Here's a short example it won't compile  though it does in score.  Though not
the lyrics in any way,  I expected even if I did it wrong that the words would
be attached to one line or the other.  But no words appear in that section at
all and only much later in the score do words appear again for that part.

\version "2.10.25"

crossesOn = \override NoteHead #'style = #'cross
crossesOff = \revert NoteHead #'style

fluteMusic =
\relative c'' {
{
%page 19-voice I
\tempo 4=120
\time 5/4 <<
{\crossesOn g'4. g g4 g4 |g4. g g4 g4 |g4. g g4 g4 \crossesOff}\\
{es,4  f8 g4 aes8 bes4 c des4 c8 es4 c8 des4 c bes4. g r2} >>
r1 r4 es4  f8 g4 aes8 bes4 c des4 c8 es4 des8 f4 es

}

fluteLyrics = \lyricmode  {
%19-I

bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah
bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah
}

\score {<<

  \new Voice = "flute"  \fluteMusic
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto flute \fluteLyrics

\layout { }

}

Yours-
Jay