Re: GDP: rearrangement (third attempt)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: rearrangement (third attempt)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:40:22 -0700

John Mandereau wrote:
Tu sum up your suggestion, which I like quite much, I propose the
following section (inside chapter 7 "Decorating musical notation", and
replacing "Special use"):

7.6 Note heads and stems
   7.6.1 Stems
   7.6.2 Special noteheads
   7.6.3 Improvisation
   7.6.4 Selecting notation font size
   7.6.5 Hidden notes
   7.6.6 Parentheses

I still this this could be improved, but let's go with it for now (until we've resolved the merging subsections)

If we move Stems out of 6.6 Polyphony, then we now have 6.6.6 Automatic part combining. Given the number of bug reports about that, I think this is extremely fitting, so I approve of this suggestion. :)

Cheers,
- Graham