Re: footnotes?

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: footnotes?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:02:42 +0200

Wilbert Berendsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a way to create footnotes? I.e. a command to add a footnote
> (containing markup) to the bottom of the current page, without stopping a
> \score and writing a toplevel \markup ?

No.  However, adding numbered notes to the end of the book or of a
chapter is quite easily doable.

Footnotes would go in the page footer, so you could manually add a
footnote to the footer of the desired page.  If the notes have very few
lines, it could be automated: some space for footnotes is reserved on
each page, eventually used to hold a short footnote.  In the following
book, the page header is changed according to the current chapter title:
you could adapt it for footnotes.
<http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/clavecin/ArtDeToucherLeClavecin.tar.gz>
file titling-commands.ily

nicolas