Re: footnotes?

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: footnotes?
Date: 10 Sep 2007 13:28:00 +0200

Wilbert Berendsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a way to create footnotes? I.e. a command to add a footnote
> (containing markup) to the bottom of the current page, without stopping a
> \score and writing a toplevel \markup ?

I don't think there is[1], and I definitely think it would be useful.

The few times I've needed footnotes I've used end notes instead, using
a \markup block after the score, but then again I mostly typeset quite
short pieces and have only needed to add such notes to either a short
piece or the end of a longer piece.

[1] so, if there is a way, it's fairly new and hasn't been discussed
much

-- Arvid