Re: how to beam non-tuplets with tuplets?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: how to beam non-tuplets with tuplets?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:22:44 +0200

Neil Puttock wrote:

To add a dissenting voice, I don't think this is LSR-worthy, in my humble opinion.

Surely it's clear from the postfix-style syntax for manual beaming that the right square bracket should directly follow the note which is to be at the end of the requested beaming, i.e. inside the tuplet section?
I agree that it's clear if you are clear about the syntax. However, since there is no clear syntax definition in the documentation today, the tip is probably LSR-worthy. The problem is that users who experience closely related problems will not find this specific snippet and it's impossible to include examples of all such situations
since they are too many and too hard to forsee.

  /Mats