Re: how to beam non-tuplets with tuplets?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: how to beam non-tuplets with tuplets?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:03:21 +0100

On 9/11/07, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:

After you found out, it makes sense (because the bracket is not a bracket in
the sense that it encloses something, but rather an attribute to the note).
But if you are used to writing code, interleaving brackets and braces seems
completely counter-intuitive (in particular since lilypond is very picky
about slurs when you work with << ....\\ ....>>). I ran into this very
problem a while back and it took me some time to figure out that I can
interleave the brackets.

Well, I'm no programmer, so that could explain why I've never given it a second thought.

Once you have found out how it works, it might seem like a no-brainer, but if
you have not yet, then such a snippet is quite useful

The problem is, as Mats says, it's not specific to beaming; it applies equally to things like slurs and ties. If a snippet is to be submitted to LSR, it needs to be more generalized.

Regards,
Neil