Re: sunday school music

From: Tim Litwiller
Subject: Re: sunday school music
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 18:41:52 -0500

Hmm. I tried this makeing a new stanza and spacing it out.with an invisible Devnull voice. It doesn't center - but it is close enough
I'm satisfied with it.

here is the source and the pdf

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

\version "2.11.32"
%\include "english.ly"
\header {
   title="It's a Long, Long Road"
   poet="unknown"
   composer="unknown"
}

\paper {
        #(set-paper-size "letter")
        line-width = 190\mm
        %line-width = #(- line-width (* mm  3.000000))
        between-system-space = 1\mm
        force-assignment = #""
        between-system-padding = #1
        % ragged-bottom=##f
        % ragged-last-bottom=##f
}

mBreak = { }

PartsOne = {
   \key aes \major
   \relative c' {
        \autoBeamOff
        \aikenHeads
        ees4
        aes2. aes4
        f des f aes
        ees1
        r4 ees f g
        aes2. aes4
        bes2 ees2
        ees1
        \mBreak
        r4 ees4 d d
        ees1
        r4 ees, f g
        g2. \bar "||" g8^"Chorus" g8
        g4 bes bes aes
        bes4.( aes8
        \mBreak
        f4.) f8
        ees4 aes c aes
        bes2( bes8) bes8 c des
        ees4 ees4 ees4 des8 c8
        des8 des4
        \mBreak
        des8 des4 des
        c8 c4 c8 c4 bes8 aes
        bes4 f f f
        ees2 g2
        aes1

PartsTwo = {
   \key aes \major
   \relative c' {
        \autoBeamOff
        \aikenHeads
        ees4
        aes2. aes4
        f des f aes
        ees1
        r4 ees d d
        bes2. bes4
        ees2 g2
        g1
        r4
        \mBreak
        g aes aes
        g1
        r4 ees d d
        bes2. bes8 bes
        bes4 ees ees ees
        des4.( des8
        \mBreak
        des4.) des8
        c4 c ees ees
        ees2( ees8) ees8 ees f
        aes4 aes aes ees8 ges
        f8 f4
        \mBreak
        f8 f4 f4
        ees8 ees4 ees8 ees4 ees8 ees
        des4 des des b
        c2 des
        c1

PartsTop = {
   \key aes \major
   \clef treble
   \tempo 4=180
   \partial 4
   \partcombine \PartsOne \PartsTwo
}

PartsThree = {
   \relative c {
        \autoBeamOff
        \aikenHeads
        ees4
        aes2. aes4
        f4 des f aes
        ees1
        r1
        ees2. aes4
        g2 bes
        bes1
        r4

        bes4 bes bes
        bes1
        d4\rest aes4 aes ees
        ees2. ees8 ees
        ees4 aes aes g
        f2

        aes4. aes8
        aes4 aes aes aes
        g2( g8) g8 aes aes
        c4 c c bes8 aes8
        aes8 aes4

        aes8 aes4 aes4
        aes8 aes4 aes8 aes4 g8 aes8
        f4 aes aes aes
        aes2 ees2
        ees1

PartsFour = {
   \relative c {
        \autoBeamOff
        \aikenHeads
        ees4
        aes2. aes4
        f4 des f aes
        ees1
        r1
        aes,2. f'4
        ees2 ees2
        ees1
        r4

        ees4 bes bes
        ees1
        r4 c bes ees
        aes,2. aes8 aes8
        aes4 aes aes
        des2

        des4. des8
        aes4 aes aes c
        ees2( ees8) ees8 ees ees
        aes4 aes aes aes8 aes8
        des,8 des4

        des8 des4 des4
        aes8 aes4 aes8 aes4 aes8 des8
        des4 des des des
        ees2 ees
        ees1

PartsBottom = {
   \key aes \major
   \clef bass
   \partial 4
   \partcombine \PartsThree \PartsFour
  }

\score {
<<
   \new Staff = top
   { <<
        %\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
        %\set Staff.midiInstrument="recorder"
        \PartsTop
        \new Devnull="nowhere"  \PartsOne
        \new Devnull="refrain"  \PartsTwo

        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "nowhere" { \set stanza = "1. "
        I walked one morn -- ing by the sea, and all the waves reached out to me
        I took thier fears, Then let them be.
        }

        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "nowhere"  { \set stanza = "2. "
        I walked one morn -- ing at the dawn, When bits of night still ling --
ered on.
        I sought my star, But it was gone.
        }

        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "refrain" { \set stanza = ""
        _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
        _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
        It's a long, long road to free dom _ A wind -- ing steep and high, _
but when you walk in love with the wind on
        your wings and cov -- er the earth with the songs you sing the miles
fly by
        }

        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "nowhere"  { \set stanza = "3. "
        I walked one morn -- ing with a friend. And preyed the day would nev --
er end.
        But years have flown, so why pre -- tend..
        }

        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "nowhere"  { \set stanza = "4. "
        I walked one morn -- ing with my king.
        And all my wint -- ers turned to spring, my heart was filled with songs
to sing
        }

   >> }
   \new Staff = bottom
        {       %\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
                %\set Staff.midiInstrument="choir aahs"
        \PartsBottom
   }

\layout {