Re: How to make different horizontal spacing for each staff?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to make different horizontal spacing for each staff?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:48:42 +0200

Valentin Villenave wrote:
2007/9/13, Vít Reichel <address@hidden>:

thanks for your reply but this is not what I want. I need in general 2
independently spaced staves in a system that have a common barline at the end of
every system. I know this is technically not clean but for this modern piece it
would be the best possible solution.

Mats: there's got to be a simpler way, but I can't get the barline to
prin otherwise. Would you mind correcting my snippet, so I can add it
to the LSR?
I don't understand why you set measurePosition (which tells where the next
note is in the measure). Rather, you could set measureLength corresponding to the scaling of the durations that you have applied (ideally that should be done
automatically by compressMusic, but this doesn't seem to happen now).
Here's a working version:

\layout {
 \context { \Score
    \remove "Timing_translator"
    \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
 }
 \context {
   \Staff
   \consists "Timing_translator"
   \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"

<<
 \new Staff {
   \compressMusic #'( 8 . 9 ) {
     \time 5/8
     \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 5 9)
     b8 b b b b
     \time 2/2
     \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 8 9)
     b2 b
     \time 6/8
     \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 6 9)
     b4. b8 b b %\bar "|"
     \time 4/4
     \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 8 9)
     b4 b b b \bar "|"
 \new Staff {
   \clef bass
   \time 3/4