Re: GDP for kids :)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GDP for kids :)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:54:38 +0200

Hello Hugo, hello Francisco, hello everybody;

The source files for the two little things I showed you yesterday are
available in http://valentin.villenave.info/lilypond/sketchbook/sources/

(don't try to look at the svg files directly in Firefox, it lacks
anti-aliasing.)

Don't forget the dependencies in the same directory: png images (which
are linked in the svg), and fonts in zip archives.

I completely dropped the previous fonts, as they weren't GPL
compatible, and did not support, for some of them, accented chars.
The fonts I'm using now are made by Daniel Poeira, a quite interesting
Brasilian guy: http://www.danielpoeira.org/ (seems to live in Belo
Horizonte like Han-Wen, btw). These fonts are not intended for comics,
and the dwerneck script font is not very easy to read; so if you
happen to know about a nice GPL comics font, or someone who could
write one from scratch, please let me know.

I made a French version as well. You can compare the old one, with
non-free fonts Laffayette and Post Human:
http://valentin.villenave.info/lilypond/sketchbook/expression_musicale.png

with the new one:
http://valentin.villenave.info/lilypond/sketchbook/expression_musicale_fre.png

Quite a difference indeed. However, feel free to use other fonts as
well if you want, but be aware of possible copyright implications.

Got to go reviewing the docs -- (no I'm working on next week's
episode, but don't tell Graham :)
Regards,
Valentin