Re: Collision between bar number and rehearsal mark

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Collision between bar number and rehearsal mark
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:46:37 +0200

For a manual solution (or moving all rehearsal marks or bar numbers up), see
sections "Moving objects" and "Fixing overlapping notation" in the manual.

If you want LilyPond to automatically detect the situation and only move
things when necessary, you can upgrade to the latest development version
2.11.x or wait for the coming 2.12, where exactly these kind of collisions
are avoided by default.

  /Mats

Henning Plumeyer wrote:
Hi there,
two weeks ago I found LilyPond and already came across some hurdles.
But now I don't find an answer in the docs for my problem:
How can I avoid the collision between the bar number and the rehearsal mark
in the following example:

%%%%%%%% snippet %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.10.10"
\paper{ ragged-right=##t }
\relative c'{
% next two lines after this comment found in bar-number-every-five-reset.ly
    % on the page http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/input/test/collated-files
% I want bar numbers every 5 bars, for demo, I chose every 2 bars here
    \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #end-of-line-invisible
    \context Score \applyContext #(set-bar-number-visibility 2)
    c1 c \mark #1 c
}
%%%%%%%% end snippet %%%%%%%%%%%%%

Hope it's possible to move the rehearsal mark only in case of collision, not all
rehearsal marks.

Greetings
    Henning

        Mats Bengtsson