Re: Hiding an end-of-line cautionary key signature

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Hiding an end-of-line cautionary key signature
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:01:20 +0200

Just add
\once \set Staff.explicitKeySignatureVisibility = #end-of-line-invisible
at the beginning of your \new Staff{...}.

/Mats

Steven Weber wrote:

Lilypond 2.11.32, Windows XP

I’m working on a piece that has several measures of divisi. Because the piece has a lot of time changes, I don’t want to create a full second voice and use \RemoveEmptyStaffContext. The LSR has a great snippet that shows how to temporarily add an additional staff (http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=110), but when I add a break before the parts divide, I get extra space at the end of the line before the break (where a cautionary key signature would be printed). I assume this is because in the new staff context, I set the key signature. Is there a way to suppress this extra space while still printing the key signature at the beginning of the line?

I’ve tried hiding the stencil (which does remove the space at the end of the line, but unfortunately, also removes it from the beginning of the line). It seems like the break-visibility option should really cover this situation, but none of the options I’ve tried have worked. Can someone spot what I’m doing wrong, or suggest a better way to do this?

Here’s a brief example that demonstrates what I’m trying to do:

\version "2.11.32"

\include "english.ly"

\score

{

\new StaffGroup

{

\clef bass

\key ef \major

% Just to fill up some space

\unfoldRepeats

{

\repeat volta 2

{

g, af, bf, c |

d ef f g |

\break

% Start the div. section here

<<

{

\unfoldRepeats

{

\repeat volta 2

{

g, af, bf, c |

d ef f g | % The end of this line has the extra space

\new Staff

{

\once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f

\once \override Staff.KeySignature #'break-visibility = #end-of-line-invisible

\clef bass

\key ef \major

\unfoldRepeats

{