Re: can't generate pdf file

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: can't generate pdf file
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:58:15 +0200

The most likely problem is that you have managed to enter something in
your file that does not follow the syntax, so that LilyPond gets confused.
Do you get any xxx.log file (assuming that your input file was called xxx.ly)?
In that case, you will hopefully get some hints in it on what's wrong.

Another common problem if you use Notepad in Windows is that it has saved the file with a double suffix, like myfile.ly.txt. This is one of the reasons that it's better to use the text editor that's started when you just double click on the LilyPond icon.

For future usage questions, please use the lilypond-user mailing list and reserve bug-lilypond for pure bug reports. I have already redirected this mailing thread to lilypond-user (make sure to click "Reply All" if you followup this email).

If you can't solve the problem yourself, please include a copy of your .ly file
when you send the question to the mailing list.

 /Mats

Nicholas Dominguez wrote:
I had no trouble the first day generating a file according to the instructions.
I'm using Windows XP.  Now I am unable to generate a file when I drag/drop or
double click on the .ly file I've created in Notepad.

help!

Nick

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing