abc2ly for OS X: not accepting abc headers?

From: Lia Zito
Subject: abc2ly for OS X: not accepting abc headers?
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:31:48 +0000 (UTC)

Hello --

I admit this is the first time ever I've used the Terminal but I
seem to have got it working, if I save an abc file minus all
the headers I can get abc2ly to convert it to an .ly file and
produce a .pdf file from lilypond -- but without the header
information it's pretty useless.  If I leave the headers in place
the .ly file is created with the appropriate format but is empty
of notes.

abc2ly converts the pitches exactly as if everything were in
C major (since I had to delete the k: field) and when I insert
the \key command in LilyPond it uses accidentals to preserve
the c major: the only way this can be useful is if I can get
abc2ly to interpret the abc header fields (L: M: K: ),
not just the raw notes.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks so much --

Lia Zito