Re: GDP: documentation guidelines

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: GDP: documentation guidelines
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:38:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Graham Percival wrote:

I've updated the README.txt with more guidelines about writing/maintaining documentation. I'll be asking the GDP Helpers to fix any Section organiztion and Formatting issues, as well as any Readability or Technical writing issues they feel comfortable updating.

If I've forgotten anything from this list, please speak up so we can add them now.

I would expect the contents of README.txt to be part of the online documentation and therefore available at: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/README However, obviously this file is not generated from README.txt or at least not put into the documentation out directory. Or is it available under some different URL?

I also strongly suggest to put a link to this resource on some prominent page, maybe on: http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/ Otherwise, I think this file is too well hidden to be found by occasional documentation writers.

Greetings,
Juergen