Re: problem modifying articulation mark

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: problem modifying articulation mark
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:57:43 +0200

The accent symbol, just as the note heads, clefs, other articulations
and many other things, are typeset using a special font that's included
with LilyPond (see appendix "The Feta font" in the user manual). This font does not include any bold face versions of the symbols, so that's why you don't see any difference if you change the font-series
or font-shape, for example.

  /Mats

Quoting Adam James Wilson <address@hidden>:

I want to make the \accent articulation bold, and change its font
size, while still being able to attach it to a note using "^" and "_".

I gather from the documentation that the function below should do.
However, only the font-size change seems to display any effect.  I can
even specify nonesense for font-family - put in 'blurk or 'gunk or
something - and no error is produced.

I believe "(make-music 'ArticulationEvent 'articulation-type
"accent")" produces a Script object, and I am operating under the
assumtion that I can "tweak" any of the properties listed under Script
and its associated interfaces.  Is there another way to do this?

myAccent =
#(let ((m (make-music 'ArticulationEvent 'articulation-type "accent")))
           (set! (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)
                   (acons 'font-family 'sans (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
           (set! (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)
                   (acons 'font-name 'helevitica (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
           (set! (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)
                   (acons 'font-series 'bold (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
           (set! (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)
                   (acons 'font-size '12 (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
)

Best regards,
Adam