Re: 3 Sided Box?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: 3 Sided Box?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:34:59 +0200

Quoting fedge <address@hidden>:

Hello,

I'm new to using Lilypond, and Finale for that matter.  I'm trying to decide
which is better.
So far, what I like about Lilypond is that I seem to be able to do just
about anything I want ... except this: I like the \box option around a text
markup, but I would really like it if it only had three sides (LEFT, TOP and
RIGHT -- or, LEFT, BOTTOM and RIGHT).

Is there anyway to customize this?  Or maybe I have to write some "function"
that draws three lines, but will bound itself around some text?

Right, there's no such function in LilyPond by default, but it's very
easy to add one. I just added an example in our snippet repository, LSR, see http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=330

  /Mats