GDP: regrouping and plan

From: Graham Percival
Subject: GDP: regrouping and plan
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:53:11 -0700

I've updated GDP stuff at:

http://opihi.cs.uvic.ca/~gperciva/

There you can find rewritten/expanded instructions for GDP Formatters and Rewriters (formally known as "trivial/easy/" and "medium" -- I always felt bad about typing "trivial") and the most recent version of the docs.

Helpers: please download your source file (if you're not using git), make one or two small changes, then send me the result. If you already did this, please do so again. :)

In case you're wondering why I'm so obsessed about this, in the past I _have_ had to reject hours of documentation work that other people had done, which causes bad feelings in everybody.

Timeframe: next Wed evening (pacific time), I'll finalize instructions and "freeze" the doc sources. Then you guys edit away, and send me whatever you have before next Tues. I'll put everything together again, build new output, and then we start again. If you're not using git, then I need to know what version of the file you start editing. So make sure you get your file from opihi.

Cheers,
- Graham