Re: GDP - Learning Manuall Songs section

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP - Learning Manuall Songs section
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:41:23 -0700

Trevor Daniels wrote:
This is rather short at
present, and I would like to extend it.  The question is, by
how much.  I'd welcome your views on the suggestions below.
In particular, is this too long?  Does this cover too
many/too few topics?

I've been thinking about the Tutorial vs. the rest of the Learning Manual, and I think I finally have a good answer: the Tutorial should cover just enough material to allow people to write simple pieces using the Templates. The current tutorial is already 22 pages in the PDF, so I don't think we should be trying to stuff much more material in there.

Modifying the templates is covered later on (in "Putting it all together"), or perhaps in Fundamental concepts. The exact division of the rest of the LM is still a bit in flux. Now that I finally have the Formatting and Rewriting jobs organized, I hope to spend more time thinking about the LM. I should have a better answer for you in a few days.

Cheers,
- Graham