Re: Windows install/run error

From: Ledocq-Boccart
Subject: Re: Windows install/run error
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:08:56 +0200

Hello Gilles,

using 2.10.23 version
About path(s) where to store program file and .ly files...

That is a topic which sounds a bit nebulous to me since my first steps
with Lilypond..
I have not examined it deeper as Lilypond seems to accept working
through, even  if the .log file indicates a possible difficulty as shown
in the hereafter copy of the .log file: I get everytime the same first
line message

"impossible de changer le répertoire de travail pour : C:/Program
Files/LilyPond"

Is this a real problem?
What should I do?
Would you mind giving what should be the right directory configuration
to get Lilypond working well?

log file copy

# -*-compilation-*-
impossible de changer le répertoire de travail pour : C:/Program
Files/LilyPond
Traitement de « C:/Program Files/LilyPond/lily1.ly »
Analyse syntaxique...
Interprétation de la musique... [2]
Prétraitement des éléments graphiques...
Sortie mise en page vers « lily1.ps »...
Conversion en « lily1.pdf »...

Many thanks for your continuous efforts to help lilyponders!

Charlie

Gilles THIBAULT a écrit :
I just installed Lilypond 2.11.33 on Windows XP, and I get the
    following error when I try to run:

    C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin>lilypond c:\lilypond\test.ly
    GNU LilyPond 2.11.33
    programming error: cannot find absolute argv0
    continuing, cross fingers
    ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
    ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path

I just installed this version also on XP : no such problem. But i think, looking for your 2 path:
      exe path :  C:\Program Files\LilyPond
and
      file path : c:\lilypond
that guile searches the directory "ice-9" in the second path instead of the first one. Try to compile test.ly from another directory (c:\testfiles\test.ly for example) and see if you get the same message. For me, this message has always occured when i tried to use guile alone (to learn scheme for exemple).I must first change directory to
  "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr" and guile then don't complain anymore.