Re: Windows install/run error

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Windows install/run error
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:32:41 +0200

If you haven't had LilyPond installed on this machine earlier, I hope that you have tried to log out and log in again after the installation, otherwise there are some settings of environment
variables that Windows hasn't noticed yet.

  /Mats

Quoting Gilles THIBAULT <address@hidden>:

I just installed Lilypond 2.11.33 on Windows XP, and I get the following error when I try to run:

 C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin>lilypond c:\lilypond\test.ly
 GNU LilyPond 2.11.33
 programming error: cannot find absolute argv0
 continuing, cross fingers
 ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
 ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path

I just installed this version also on XP : no such problem.

But i think, looking for your 2 path:
     exe path :  C:\Program Files\LilyPond
and
     file path : c:\lilypond
that guile searches the directory "ice-9" in the second path instead of the first one. Try to compile test.ly from another directory (c:\testfiles\test.ly for example) and see if you get the same message.

For me, this message has always occured when i tried to use guile alone (to learn scheme for exemple).I must first change directory to
 "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr" and guile then don't complain anymore.

Gilles