Re: Windows install/run error

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: Windows install/run error
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:46:40 +0200

The environment variable "path" in Windows doesn't require a reboot (or
log
in/out).
Are you sure?
I have done a little test like this :
            - create new directory : c:\test
            - add this directory to system environnement "path"
via Control Panel-> system -> advanced -> environment variables
            - create a batch file named hello.bat in this dir
                         (with this line for exemple : echo hello world)
            -  open a dos windows
            - enter hello
=> Windows  find and run hello.bat (resulting "hello world" !) without
rebooting or relogging.
(and i have not other hello.bat on my drives ...)

But there is perhaps a difference with XP pro (i use XP familial edition)

I know for certain that we have had some problems
reported on the mailing list that have been solved by log out/in.
Maybe it's the PATHEXT environment variable that caused the problems
then.
In this specific case, I would rather suspect that there is some
other environment variable that was already set before LilyPond was
installed, which somehow interferes with LilyPond.

I have noticed only these 2 environment variables (PATH and PATHEXT) that
are modified by Lilypond.
Have someone noticed another modified system variables ?
(The registers are also modified but it is only to make a contextual menu
for ly files.)

Gilles