custom, variable paper size?

From: Michael Rasmussen
Subject: custom, variable paper size?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:26:37 -0700

Having just rememberd that Lilypond can output png files for web use I'm now
wondering about how to trim the image automatically.

If I want to create a PNG of a simple snip[1]:

    \relative c''
    {
      \time 6/4
      \key ees \major
      c2 (g4 ees'2 d4)
      c2. ( g4 ) g' ( f )
    }

What can one do to get lilypond to generate the two bars with some moderate,
small amount of surrounding whitespace instead of a full A4 or Letter or
whatever
sized PNG page?

[1] Sorry about the needlessly complex exmaple.  Special prize to first person
to identify the source.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity