RE: GDP: add "elision" to the glossary?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: GDP: add "elision" to the glossary?
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 17:54:03 +0100

The symbol to indicate two syllables should be sung on one
note is called a 'lyric tie' in the LP manual.  Coda Music
(Finale) call it an 'elision'.  I agree it should be
included in the glossary too, as well as 'lyric tie', maybe.

BTW, I found that the small curved line which indicates an
elision in LP in not found in any of the fonts on my PC
(Windows XP), as coding one generates an error in LP.  The
manual recognises this and suggests obtaining DejaVuLGC.  I
don't know how to go about doing this.  Could this or some
other suitable font not be packaged with the LP
distribution?

Trevor