score imbedded in markup text (in-line)

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: score imbedded in markup text (in-line)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:40:35 -0500

Greetings to all-

This seems like a variant of the problem recently addressed by Rick Hansen. However, it seems as if there should be a simple answer which has thus far eluded me. I have looked at the LSR and mail archives, but haven't found an answer.

The problem: I am attempting to duplicate an old score. The original has instructions (text) with a partial measure imbedded in-line (not on a separate line). The closest I have come is the code shown below. The text is fine, but the snippet is obviously not where it should be.

This seems like a useful educational application of Lilypond; the answer would be a welcome addition to the LSR!

%%% Start code sample
\version "2.11.33"
\include "english.ly"

snip = \markup {
        \score
        { \new Staff \with {
                \remove Time_signature_engraver
                fontSize = #-7
                \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -7)
                firstClef = ##f
                }
                {  << c''4\\ a' >> }
                \layout { ragged-right = ##t }

   \markup {\smaller
        \fill-line {
                \override #'(line-width . 80)
                \justify-string #
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat."
        \snip
%%% End code sample

Regards and thanks,

Stan