Re: score imbedded in markup text (in-line)

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: score imbedded in markup text (in-line)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:06:30 -0500

On Sep 30, 2007, at 2:49 PM, Graham Percival wrote:

Sorry, I read it too quickly. The results are a little bit better if you use \line instead of \fill-line, but I agree that there's still too much space between the elements.

I really recommend using minimal examples, with correct indentation, though. This makes it much easier to see what's happening and to investigate the problem. The example below has all the important features of your example, but it's quicker to understand the snippet.

Cheers,
- Graham

%  the music should be closer to the "foo"
snip = \markup {
    \score
    { \new Staff \with {
        \remove Time_signature_engraver
        firstClef = ##f
        }
        \layout { ragged-right = ##t }
\markup {
  \line{
    foo
    \snip

Thank you. I had included the "extra" text, etc., in case the line- length and word-wrap might have bearing on the solution.

A png of a small portion of text with imbed is attached.

Stan

PNG image