Re: score imbedded in markup text (in-line)

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: score imbedded in markup text (in-line)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:15:55 -0500

At the risk of trying your patience, I pose the next dilemma, with apologies for my lack of understanding of the nuances of the /markup command.

1. Suppose there is a long sentence ( foo foo etc. ) which extends past the right margin. How can it be wrapped to the line width (or a specified line width, using something like \override #'(line-width . 90) ) and still have /snip appear with the desired centering ( using \general-align #Y #CENTER \txtA \general-align #Y #CENTER \snip ) ?

2. Then there is the next logical(?) step, i.e., to have the snipped embedded in a paragraph of text.

Thus far I haven't found the answer in the manual.

I have reproduced the working code below.

Stan

\version "2.11.33"
\include "english.ly"

snip = \markup {
        \score
        { \new Staff \with {
                \remove Time_signature_engraver
                fontSize = #-7
                \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -7)
                firstClef = ##f
                }
                {  << c''4\\ a' >> }
                \layout { indent = #0 ragged-right = ##t }

txtA = "foo"

txtB =  "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer"

txtC = "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed
 diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam
 erat volutpat."

%%%%%%
%% One word with snippet
%%%%%%

 \markup { \smaller
 {
   \general-align #Y #CENTER \txtA
   \general-align #Y #CENTER \snip

%%%%%%
%% Short sentence with snippet
%%%%%%

 \markup { \smaller
        {
%
   \general-align #Y #CENTER  \txtB
   \general-align #Y #CENTER \snip

%%%%%%
%% Long sentence with snippet (word wrap) using txtC - solution not found
%%%%%%

%%%%%%
%% Paragraph with snippet embedded - \txtC \snippet \txtC ?
%%%%%%