Lilypond-book -- almost there...

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Lilypond-book -- almost there...
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:29:53 +0200

I've been struggling to get lilypond-book do what I want it to do, and
I think I'm almost there. Now, I have working output, my question is
if there is a better way to work to get there.

I want to include files with lp-examples in chapters that I \include
in a main LaTeX document, fullbook.tex, something like this:

    \documentclass[a4paper]{memoir}
    \begin{document}
    \include{ch1}
    \include{ch2}
    \include{lp-examples}
    \end{document}

How I finally made it work, was to have a file lp-examples.lytex
containing sth like the following:

    \chapter{appendix}

    \section{1 Gioia et amore}

    This is a song.

    \lilypondfile{graphics/01-gioia-et-amore.ly}

which I first process through lilypond-book. This gives a file
lp-examples.tex, which is then processed nicely when I do latex
fullbook.

1. Is this the recommended way to work?
2. Is there a way to automatize the process? E.g. in Kile, vim, or
-- god forbid -- emacs/auctex?

Eyolf

--
I already have too much problem with people thinking the efficiency of
a perl construct is related to its length.  On the other hand, I'm